Holding your artist meetup birthday in January is always a gamble. Especially with how the weather is here in Nova Scotia. Yet, so many lovelies braved the rain and wind to celebrate seven years of creative hangouts. Read More
How lucky is Halifax to be celebrating 7 years of creative output?
When: Thursday, Jan 24th, 7pm til late
Where: The Foggy Goggle
Can you believe it, we’re turning 7! Seems like only yesterday we held our first meetup on a cold and rainy winter night in Downtown Halifax. We’ve evolved a lot over the years, and we plan to take things up a notch in 2019. But first things first… let’s party!
On Friday, January 26th, E3C celebrated 6 years in the creative community with the first “Art Bash”. Held at the The Dart Gallery, this party entertained and fed over 40 people on a cold winter night. There was a group art show as well as the Draw Brawl: a live drawing competition with contestants competing for prizes.
We want to deeply thank Shannon Dawn Ellis for the photography.
Have you attended an E3C Meetup in the last 6 years? We are looking to put together an exhibition to celebrate YOUR WORK at Dart Gallery for the night of our big party on Friday, January 26 until Thursday, February 11th. Sound interesting? Read on:
We would love to have one or two of your pieces that you feel *most proud of* creating. Fan art, original concepts, and recreations welcome. Works containing nudity are welcomed – submissions deemed offensive to gallery visitors may not be. Over sized submissions may not qualify due to wall space – be sure to tell us your work dimensions! There is no cohesive theme and works do not need to be new / recent. Any medium is welcome.
Please send the following information to Rob Cameron at email@example.com:
- Your name (we will check our meetup sheets to make sure you’ve attend an E3C event in the past)
- Last E3C event you attended
- Size, medium, and title of work.
- A one-two sentence write up about why you love this piece, or creativity in general.
- At least one clear photo of each piece.
- Prints, paintings, illustrations, etc must be framed and ready to hang.
- If your piece is for sale, how much you are asking for (understanding that Dart Gallery takes 50%.)
- Accepted pieces must be dropped off at the Dart Gallery (127 Portland Street, Dartmouth) by Thursday, January 25th at 7PM.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: TUESDAY, JANUARY 23, 11:59PM
E3C + The Dart Gallery Present: ART BASH!
Art Bash Event Details
When: Friday, Jan. 26
Time: 6pm-Midnight (last ferry leaves Alderney Terminal for Halifax at 11:30pm)
Where: The Dart Gallery, 127 Portland Street, Dartmouth (view on Google Maps)
What: Party to mingle + live art battle + group art show!
In celebration of 6 years in the creative community, we here at E3C wanted to do something a little different. With the fantastic support of The Dart Gallery, we’re pleased to offer a different party experience: free food, an awesome drawing battle AND a group art show! Phew!
This (as always) is a public event, open to past E3C attendees, Dart Gallery artists and the creative community at large! Mingle with designers, illustrators, animators, painters, drawers, doodlers, musicians, game developers, writers, actors *deep breath* you know… anyone with a creative leaning. Students, professionals and hobbiests. Everyone is welcome! Complementary nibbles will be available, made by Picnic at Dart Chef Allan (“Al”) McPherson. There is a bar so this event is 19+.
We’re looking for participants in the Draw Brawl – scroll down to learn more.
For those of you who’ve attended E3C events in the past and want to be in the Last Minute group art show, learn more here!
Draw Brawl Signup
While the Art Bash is in full swing, various contestants will be duking it out artistically in front of party goers. Similar to Ink Wars or Art Battle, our Draw Brawl is all about having fun and rising to the challenge.
Contestants will be given (1) black marker, (1) pencil, and (1) sheet of 16×20 bristol. They will have 20 minutes to create a drawing based on a theme that will not be announced until the clock starts ticking. Rounds will take place throughout the night, allowing people to mix and mingle while you’re drawing up on our little stage at Picnic / Dart Gallery.
- All skill levels / disciplines welcome. This is about having fun.
- We know drawing on the spot can be scary – we’re not looking for art stars, just awesome people willing to try something new.
- You are permitted to use ONLY the tools provided. No exceptions.
- One winner will be chosen by the audience each round, so bring friends to support you!
- Each winner will go head-to-head in a fourth and final round to win prizes.
Draw Battle Prizes
Aside from bragging rights, we have three prizes for the audience favourites:
- 3rd Prize: Gift Certificate to Dart Gallery
- 2nd Prize: Gift Certificate to DeSerres
- 1st Prize: $100 CASH (sweet, eh?)
Sound like something you want to participate in? Sign up below. Contestants will be selected based on number of entries and variety of style by the E3C Steering Committee members.
DRAW BRAWL SIGNUP HAS CLOSED.