On Tuesday, October 22nd, we gave attendees a chance to show their work off to others. The original plan was to have a slideshow cycle through on our project (like a silent ice breaker) during the event… buuuuut the cord went missing!
When life hands you missing lemons, make lemonade: we instead gathered around the laptop and had the artists speak for a few moments about their work. Some great conversation came out of this including:
- Different programs to use -besides- Adobe products like FireAlpaca, Gimp, Procreate and Pixelmator
- How people treat their sketchbooks: some save them all, others recycle (or even burn!) older versions, some use them like a journal or scrapbook
- Experiences using oil or acrylic paints
- Where to find reference material and different things people are inspired by
- Goals and aspirations of attendees moving forward
- How people got into making art (there was a variety of digital artists, designers, fibre artists and doodlers, all with their own story to tell)
- Lots and lots of positive comments, critiques and guidance from all who attended
We do plan to hold another Attendee Showcase in the new year, and highly recommend you consider participating! Below are the slides from the original submissions. Please do take the time to follow these artists on their social media platforms outlined at the bottom of the slides. Support local!